6. Guofu Building
Guofu Building, the first administration building, was named in 1961, upon the recommendation of the Alumni Association, to commemorate Mr. Guofu Chen (1892-1951) for his contributions to the university. The structure, completed in 1957, housed the administrative offices which had been located temporarily in Ming Yuan (now known as the Xuesi Building), adjacent to the side gate, during the early years of the university. The building became home to the Departments of Psychology and Mathematics in 1990 when the current Administration Building was completed.
A student of the revolutionary leader, Mr. Ying-shi Chen, Mr. Guofu Chen joined the United League and vowed to adhere to revolutionary ideas. He served in many capacities within the university: he was Director of the Party Training Institute in 1926, Dean of General Affairs of the Central Party School in 1927-29, and Acting Superintendent of the Central Political School in 1938-41. During his administration, he pioneered many projects that achieved remarkable results. Projects such as military training and the advisory system were some of his initiatives.
Green tile and grey walls mark the two-story Guofu Building; flowers and lush plants in the courtyard create a secluded garden. The building occupies 786.44 square meters and was constructed at a cost of 1.5 million NT dollars. The current appearance is the result of remodeling that was done in 1999.